In our daily lives, we do almost everything with our hands and feet. Which means, our limbs are exposed maximum to soap, food items, chemicals, dust, dirt, etc. In addition, our hands and feet do not have oil glands. And yet, our hands and feet are the most neglected parts of our body. So, a little extra attention is a must.
SUPPLE HANDS – Caring Your Hands
Your hands take a major beauty beating and tend to get dry and parched. Here’s what you can do to keep your hands soft:
- Avoid harsh antiseptic soaps-use one of the liquid hand soaps to wash your hands.
- If you have to do a lot of washing and cooking, you can still save your hands. Use a good cold cream immediately after your work is finished, preferably twice a day and especially at bedtime.
- You might need to use oil at bedtime – try oliveoil or sunflower oil.
SMOOTH FEET – Caring Your Feets
Have you ever admired a beautiful, delicate foot? While all of us would like to have well-maintained feet, unfortunately, feet are the most neglected part of our body. We squeeze them into ill-fitting shoes and neglect to give them the most basic skin care that other parts of our body receive. But if you spend only a few minutes every day looking after your feet,you will have elegant, smooth feet, which you will never have to hide. Here’s what you can do:
- Wash your feet with hot water and a gentle soap twice a day in the morning and in the evening before you go to bed.
- Use a gentle scrubber or a pumice stone for the heels and soles after lathering up with soap.
- While the feet have large active sweat glands, they have no oil glands, so dryness can be a problem. Before going to bed and immediately after washing, gently massage in a cold cream, moisturizer or body lotion, and then put on socks.