A facial is one of the most common ways of refreshing your skin. A facial is a deep skin treatment with real benefits to counteract the ravages of pollution and damage caused by the ultraviolet rays of the sun. Facials deep cleanse, rehydrate and rejuvenate the skin. A lot of skin problems can be prevented and reduced with regular facials. They are useful as a mild treatment to take care of skin blemishes, acne, dry skin and, of course, wrinkles. With the appropriate techniques and products, these treatments can have lasting revitalizing effects.
Advantages of Facials
- The skin is deeply and thoroughly cleaned.
- Provides in-depth moisture.
- The steam during a facial not only provides moisture to the skin but improves circulation by dilating theblood vessels. It also helps melt the oil and grime clogging up the pores.
- It enhances the good effects of products used by increasing their penetration.
- There is a deeper exfoliation of the top dead layers of the skin so that the skin gets healthier.
- It increases and improves natural cellular regeneration.
- It rejuvenates the skin by aiding in faster cell renewal.
- The gentle and rhythmic strokes of the massage during a facial relaxes the muscles. The face has over 120 muscles. Research has shown that even low-grade stress can strain these muscles leading to early wrinkling. Hence, muscle relaxation is very important in order to delay wrinkles.
- Massage also helps in lymphatic drainage, the system by which skin waste and toxins are removed.
Best steps for home facial
- Take a cleansing cream and apply on your skin for 2-5 minutes.
- Take some warm water and gently massage with a scrub. This will soften your skin and make it ready for the coming steps.
- Take steam on your face for around 5 minutes, to warm and soften your skin. People who have very delicate skin, can avoid this step.
- Apply face mask. You can choose a home made one, which will be easy and pure in its quality and contents. Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse away with warm water. This will close your pores and freshen your skin, then use a soft towel to dry off your face.
- Use a skin toner to smooth over oily areas, such as the nose, chin and forehead. You may use a cotton pad for this purpose.
- Now apply a moisturizer on your face and move it in circles across your eyes, this will reduce puffinss. This step will make your skin very soft, young and this will helps in reducing wrinkles and aging marks.
There are different kinds of facials offered by professional salons. The facial most suitable for you will depend on your skin type, your lifestyle, your constitution, approximate metabolic balance, etc. Your beautician should be able to advise you on the type of facial you require. However, the ideal is to go to a salon which has dermatologists who will check your skin and then recommend the appropriate facial.
A facial is beneficial only if it is done in a scientific manner. It is therefore extremely important that you get a facial done by fully qualified, experienced personnel in completely hygienic surroundings. The basic steps in a facial include thorough cleansing with a brush preferably after steaming, application I of the appropriate product with massage, use of the required mask (according to the skin type, colour, specific problems, etc.) followed by cleansing again. To get the most out of a facial, have one every three or four weeks, depending on your skin condition.
Apart from the basic facials which cleanse, steam and massage using anti aging rejuvenation products and techniques, there are facials which provide other benefits as well. A bio-lift facial includes treatment for dark under-eye circles. What makes this facial unique is the bio-mask, which gives a face-lift effect. All products used in this facial should be hypoallergenic. In a paraffin facial, a special paraffin mask is applied, under which are layers of gauze with anti aging and rejuvenating creams which seep into the skin. Free radical fighting agents like vitamin A, beta-carotene and vitamin E are used in the antioxidant facial. AHA facials use products with high-strength AHAs which are beneficial for pigmentation, dull skin and mild wrinkling.